Tears


Qns : When you have a 2 year old and a 10 month old together, what do you get?
Ans : Tons of screaming

Yesterday Jon went into another episode of terrible 2 again.

Refusing his dinner and proceeding to throw his bowl of rice onto the floor. Fine.

Refusing to bathe and proceeding to cry hysterically while I dragged him to the bathroom.

Refusing to keep his hands off and continuously pressing the fan's buttons. What do you get?

A malfunction fan that exploded. Yes. No kidding. The casing came off, the plastic blades broken into small pieces and having it flying all over the room.

I was so mad that I didn't even remember to take a picture of the exploded fan. I got so angry that I forgot that how Jon could be hurt by the flying plastic blades.

He? Came crying in terrible fright and climbed onto our bed. Quietly let us change him into his pyjamas   and went to sleep without a single sound.

And it happened I re-read "What to expect during the first year?" and notice a portion that I didn't take note in earlier time. Then I realised my big mistake in reprimanding Jon when he hits Matt. It just caused the drift to get bigger and breed more unpleasant feeling.

Today, he walked over to Matt and attempted to push him away from the chair. I hurried over, stopped him and told him softly he must love Matthew. He just hug and hug me. Now that I am typing this... I can't help but feel very emotional over this. THIS is what Jon has been trying to tell me.

" When Matt is around, can you also remember that I need your hugs too? "

*tears......



Comments