Cheng Teng


Wow... finally a decent cheng teng (清汤) in Clementi area. The last traditional cheng teng I had was years ago at old Tanglin Halt which the hawker centre had torn down and rebuilt. The old lady selling it was nowhere to be seen.

So on Sunday, a new stall selling mainly cheng tent opened in Clementi Central hawker centre. Of course, I just had to try it.


four seasons cheng teng



traditional ingredients


Four Seasons Cheng Teng served it hot or cold and is priced at $2 per bowl. No additional charge for takeaway. Trust me, my photography skill doesn't do justice to the cheng teng. I love it. I ordered takeaway cold cheng teng and to my delight, the sweetness was just nice.

The stall had plastic bowls of cheng teng ingredients all ready. They just need to add in the hot or cool 塘水 or longan water to it. If you want it cold, they then add ice cubes into it. No shaved ice and that's what make the sweetness just right.

It's good old cheng teng as they used traditional ingredients - dried longan, white fungus, barley, lotus seed, dried persimmon, pon da hai, winter melon strips, sago pearls, bai he & gingko nuts. Really refreshing on a hot humid day.

Comments