Impromptu Lunch Date



Having 2 kids really means even lesser "me" time and "couple" time. When we are not busy trying to get the 2 kiddos to bed OR not arguing with each other on upbringing issue OR not falling asleep while putting them to bed... whatever time remains, it is used for "me" time.

We tried to take time off from work so that we could have couple time but this didn't work. Although he could be on leave, his phone was never on leave. Ending up most of the time, he was talking more to his phone than me.

We revert back to lunch date which works best for us. Most of the time, impromptu! Afterall, it is also hard to match 2 schedules for a lunch break.

Today is one of the days we had our impromptu lunch date! Where else could it be .... but Sakuraya Fish Mart. We are really a great fan of sashimi and just nice, they are having 50% off salmon sashimi (14 - 20Oct, only at Anchorpoint Outlet). How could we miss it!


Ika, hotate, tako, salmon, maguro


I love the fact we could pick our choice for our sashimi platter and salmon, hotate (scallop) and tako (octopus) are usual for us. For this lunch, I had ika (cuttlefish) and maguro (tuna) as well. Then we always order sushi rice to go along with our sashimi.



wafu salad


We also like their wafu salad so it's kinda of like a  "set meal" for us.... the sashimi, sushi rice and wafu salad.



chawanmushi


Chawanmushi is a new love for me and I only like it from Sakuraya. I love the sweet aroma of the steamed egg with its delicious soup base. The rich ingredients that go into the chawanmushi made it palatable.


Blogging about my lunch makes me hungry again... won't mind another round of fresh fish from Sakuraya. Actually anytime!


Comments

Angeline said…
oh...i miss sashimi!!!!
Angeline said…
oh...i miss sashimi!!!!
Les Pommes said…
anytime you are ready... we can meet up for a sashimi feast!
Angeline said…
ok! Onz! Ha!