Farewell 张老师


Jonathan's PG Lavender class has its Parents-Teachers meeting push forward. This is because the chinese teacher, 张老师 is leaving. I had some alone times with her today and asked if she is moving on to a new school. Apparently, she is leaving due to health reasons. Tears welled up slightly in her eyes when she spoke of the early exit she has to make. Obviously this is a teacher who really loves her students.

When she spoke of Jonathan, I could see that she takes pride that her young charge has improved leaps and bounds. I have to agree that whatever Jon has learnt and known, it is more of the teachers' efforts than us. I am grateful that Jonathan's first teacher impacted his life positively.




Jon's 1st Teacher 


I do not know how is Jon going to cope and adapt when 张老师 is gone. Even Ms Melanie pointed out that Jon Jon is very attached to her. We wish her well and hope our path will cross someday again.


farewell gift for 张老师


One thing for sure, besides Jonathan misses his favourite teacher, the loss of a good childcare teacher is heartfelt by me and many of the parents too. God bless this young lady!


I am indebted to my father for living, 
but to my teacher for living well 
- Alexander the Great


Comments