Before 2013 ends....



We made a visit to the Grandstand, formerly known as the turf city.

It was our first visit and we only brought Matthew along (Jonathan was having his afternoon nap). There were many stairs from the car park to the restaurant stretch and luckily, Matt was sitting in the new SeeBaby stroller so we still could handle it easily.

We walked around and noticed that there were many enrichment centres and Preschools in the building. We eventually went to the Pasarbella and bought my tea clipper so that I can start enjoying my TWG tea.









Then we wandered into this Pie & Coffee cafe which served really yummy pies.








I had a chicken cheddar pie and I must say, I am not a big fan of pie but this... was really yummy. The crust just melt in your mouth. The filling was nicely cooked and all pies were served with greens and mashed potatoes as sides. I also had camomile citron tea but I actually wanted to try their honey yuzu but they ran out of it. I would return again for their pies though I felt that they could lessen on the salt portion (or was it just me?)


Darren also spotted that their tea cup's bottom was uniquely square. Interesting.









It was a nice little trip out for Matthew and us. We were sure to return again.


Comments