Where is the balance?

I know it is very bad for me to even write something like this now, considered now, we are in a financial turmoils. People are sensitive to money and retrenchments are real. But I really detest going back to work on weekends. Once in a while, is acceptable. But make it a regular, you see me jumping up and down.

Time is very precious to me. And because I do not know how much time I have left before I am called home to be with my Heavenly Father, it makes me even more wanting to grasp my time properly.
In my workplace, there used to be this slogan "Work-Life balance" ... at some point in my stay, the CEO had even couraged his staff to have work-life balance. But balance doesn't stay long.. now, i'm imbalanced......

Consider this, I spend

7 hours of my 24 hours sleeping
8.5 hours of my 24 hours working

I am left with 8.5 hours to pursue my own interests. Out of this daily 8.5 hours (mon-fri), i have to spend 2 hours on transport, 1 hour on meals (3 meals a day), plus my teaching commitment. I am left very little to do what I like to do. So most of my interests are pushed to weekends and with Xmas coming up, church activites are increasing. So I am extremely upset to know that I am scheduled to work on all weekends until project ends?

I really cannot imagine my life to be just work, eat and sleep. Nothing more. Where is my balance? Can someone help me find it back?

My list of life goals and interests

1. continue my french
2. master the violin
3. honing my piano playing skill
4. get my GRE done!
5. going round the world
6. cooking and baking
7. musicals and concerts
8. church activites include serving as pianist for the choir, be involved in outreach programme, attended cell meeting.
9. be a volunteer at SPCA

And because I plan so much in a day, I always end up so tired and not having horizontal rest, causing my back to suffer. Have to factor in time for exercise, to strength my back.... Honestly speaking, there are many times I am left feeling very burnt out. Tried to slow down my pace so that it is comfortable and not overwhelming.

Think man has no solutions for me. .....

Comments

Anonymous said…
In our opinion haha..u should prioritise yr goals~

here's our suggestion:
1.cooking and baking(can be done @ home easily for QUICK RELIEF!!!)

2.Honing your piano playing skill(since u haf piano @ home, 不要再等了!summore can relax with yr own music..cant beat that man!)

3. going round the world(u dun have to go around,you can 立刻embark on planning yr next trip & get immersed in the world!)

As for Others hor,take yr time to arrange after u completed the above 3 ba haha..

1. continue my french
2. master the violin
3. honing my piano playing skill
4. get my GRE done!(读吧,女人!)
7. musicals and concerts(put SISTIC as yr 2nd homepage, any concerts..jus chiong..dun wait!)
8. church activites include serving as pianist for the choir, be involved in outreach programme, attended cell meeting.
9. be a volunteer at SPCA

yea...加油吧,女人!(Furai-san 名言)

From:
Furai Furai + Yagiza