When life gets dark...

I remember how last Sunday I was lamenting about how short the weekend seemed to be. Now is Friday again, weekend is here.

Feeling quite tired and sleepy. I didn't had my full 7 hours of sleep. Went to have a small gathering with my Primary School friends at TCC. Did some catch up with each other but didn't managed to stay for long since the 2 mummies had to rush home to be with their babies.

Realised that one mummy friend is getting more pessimistic and cynical than ever.

Example 1:

Me : I have communication problem with him....
Her : Have you bought a house yet?
Me : Nope...
Her : You lucky! Otherwise, if you 2 cannot work out your relationship, the house is going to burden you down.
Me : .....

Example 2 :

Me : Hey, i am going to throw a small xmas gathering. if you gals are bringing your kids, someone can help babysit for you so you can enjoy yourselves.
Her : Wah... the kids sure fight one.
Me : No lah... Tze's son quite good boy, won't bully your girl.
Her : No no ... cannot... my girl will sure kena bully
Me : ....

So as the night went on... the conversation just spiralled downwards... everything we voiced out, she had her worst case scenario prepared. I thought I was a pessimist, until I met my match.

Truly, there's still a higher mountain out there...

Comments