I am humbled!

I just want to quickly write this down. I am deeply humbled by God's hands working in my life.

When Wing Keen came to Agape sometime in October to promote "My Hope Singapore", I thought it was a good idea. A brief introduction on "My Hope Singapore" - This program was initiated by Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. It is run using the concept of Matthew, who invited a few friends home, so that they could meet Jesus. Similiarly, MHS hopes by using this home party invitation, the Gospel of Christ can reach far and fast.

But I have a problem, I don't have my own home to open to my friends, so I thought I would invite my friends over to my cell group leader Li Peng's place. So I went for the training in early Nov and then got pull in to make a promotional video clip for BGEA.

After that, I really got worried. I mean, why would my friends come to a party which is at someone else's home? And how would they react when they watch the video (local production on real life story of how people overcome their hardship and come to know Jesus) and what would they think of me when I share my testimonial with them? What am I going to say?!

I realised that it's actually not that fun and it is actually quite scary.

God is at work - Part I

I was at Agape on 15 Nov. Wing Keen was preaching on the defeat of Amalekites (Exodus 17: 8-15). There were 3 parts to note. Firstly, Joshua who was leading the battle at ground level. Secondly, Moses who raised up both his hands to the LORD and as long as Moses lifted his hands, Joshua was winning the battle. Thirdly, Aaron and Hur who were by Moses' side. Giving him support when Moses grew tired. They held Moses' hands lifted up. Fourthly, God who blot out the memory of Alamekites so that we will not be in fear.

I was reminded that everyone has a part in the battle for God. It can be Joshua or Moses or even the support Aaron and Hur. And as long as we lifted our hands high up to the LORD, we know He is our banner, surely victory will come in our way. Most importantly is never let fear crept into our heart.

With that, I pray for the home party that I intend to invite my friends over.

God is at work - Part 2

Last Thursday, I met my friends whom I know for over 20 years. For the past 7 years since I got converted to Christianity, I have never invited them to any outreach event. So before I met them, I prayed that their hearts will be opened to my invitation. Again, I was reminded that all I need to do is to pray and let God handle the rest.

Surprisingly, the next day, I got favourable answers from 2 of them. They accepted my invitation. I couldn't believe it. Truly God has heard all the prayers!

God is at work - Part 3

Last Sunday at New Creation's service, Pastor Prince preached about the forgiveness of sins through believing in Jesus that He had died for all our sins (Acts 13: 39). How true indeed. It is not by our works or efforts.

Still, over the weekend I thought about what I am going to share and fret over what should I say or not say. I fretted over how to broach up the "Jesus" topic. But I failed to see one important thing. I have allowed myself to be at the centre of this home party. I failed to notice how absorbed I am with everything about "me me me" and not "Jesus Jesus Jesus"

And in Job 38: 32, I was reminded to be humble because who can be wiser than God. Certainly not me or my knowledge but the living God himself. It is not my story that I am going to tell. But it is a story of Jesus. How foolish I have been.

God is at work - Part 4

This morning, I was doing my quiet time before I started my busy day. Popped right in front of my eyes, ".. with God, all things are possible" (Matthew 19: 26) and for a brief moment, I thought of the friend who has not responded yet and thinking would there be such a possibility, she might just turn up?

And at 5+pm today, I got her sms. Yes, she is coming.

My heart cried out in joy! Truly with God, all things are possible.

Comments