The Good and The Bad

What's the most talked about topic in a Singaporean's daily life? No prize for guessing correct. Food!

The usual beginning of a casual conversation with each other often starts with "eat already?" and then finishes with "wah the food good?! wah like that next time can go there lor" So food surrounds our tiny island like the sun shinning brightly over us.

Remember Bon Bon Tea from my previous blog, how I raved about their Happy Blossom Tea and their round green teapot. Well, I went back last Saturday. Since I just stepped out from a movie, I decided to get something light. Decided to try their Chocolicious Red Tea and their Bon Bon Tea Salad.

Serving was slow so I had plenty of time to study their menu. Upon closer look, I realised that Bon Bon Tea is more a tea joint than a meal place. Hot meals are limited and actually, varieties of their finger food as well as desserts seem not as widespread as my first impression. My chocolicious red tea was served first in the round fat green pot. Well, it definitely tasted of chocolate in the red tea but this concoction was simply too much for my sensory tract. Chocolate and Red Tea.. hmm... bad mixture to me. Finally after a long waiting time (the restaurant was rather empty then), my Bon Bon Tea Salad arrived.

Tat Dat..... presenting .......

Looked presentable but......

extremely sour.... everything is sourish.... but it really worked up your appetite. So try this if you are need something to stimulate your appetite.

Guess you know what came next. Because of the sour sour salad, I had to get a good dinner. So i went to Il Piccolo at Clementi. I had my chicken and mushroom in tomato sauce.

Served in a nifty and was pipping hot. Priced at $7, definitely valued for money.

But wait till you try their pasta with clams in wine sauce. A mountain full of clams served with your pasta and the wine sauce complimented well.

Don't blink your eyes...

If you think this is nothing... see this...














Are you convinced now? At $7 , what more can you ask for? But this is not the end... for 6 portions of Bruschetta at $3, you get more than just tomatoes and bread. Is lightly toasted olive flavoured butter bread with herbal seasoning tomatoes overflowing.


And today, I went back to Il Piccolo after talking about the pasta during lunchtime. I tried their asparagus, chicken with mushroom pasta in tomato sauce. Initially, I was rather shocked at how it turned out. It was extremely salty! I thought I didn't stirred well, but after 4 mouthfuls, I couldn't take it. I took it back to the counter and explained the situation. Guess what, the staff was quick to respond, they will do another plate up.

The 2nd serving was with more ingredients and so much better. Truly impressed by their customer service. Just for this act, Il Piccolo deserves my thumb up! Good work!

Comments