Waves of Reflection (Part 1)

2 more days to Xmas and another 7 more days to a brand new 2009.

I remember very clearly how rotten was my 2006 and my 2007 was a complete turn around. 2008 is a year where the harvest is bountiful. Thank God for that. However, life just isn't all the time smooth sailing for me, even though i would wish for that. But tell me, whose life is just so smooth that the person doesn't experience the joy and pain.

Personal life - With a few bouts of back pain now and then, I am really careful with my action. Perhaps if there is ever a regret in my life, it would be not taking care of my back when I was younger. The heavy load on my back, the bad back posture of lifting heavy things, the habit of bending down and straining my back... it had protested long ago but ignorance wasn't the right way, thus the consequence is for me to bear now.

But God always has a mysterious way of doing thing. If not for my bad back, i doubt Darren would be my darling so smoothly and so soon. What does a gentleman do when a damsel in distress? He had all the opportunities to showcase his care and concern. Well, his patience is a marvel to me and truly, God has outweighed my calamity with such a wonderful man.

God is able to do immeasureably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us. Ephesians 3:20

Relationship - 2008 sees the relationship going up another level. The memory of the Day, yes... the Proposal Day will always be a sweet sweet memory. Every girl dreams of having a romantic proposal, with the guy declaring his everlasting love. Ce n'est pas la proposition la plus romantique mais il est assez pour moi

The proposal is sweet but the wedding preparation is a terror. Suddenly, arguments are plentiful. Tears dropped more frequently. Disappointment set in. In the midst of all these, I am glad that I have good friends around. Advising me from another point of view. (Special thanks to my best buddy, Jazzy and my welfare therapist, Rachelle)

Love should not be suffocating. Marriage is not a perfect platform. Marriage is a continuous act of forgiveness (except for adultery and abuse). Just as God has loved us the way we are. I have learnt too that i shouldn't give up so easily. This new partnership requires more tolerance, more patience and more love than ever. I think "never give up on you" should be inside my marriage vow.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights. James 1:17

French - Though I have stopped my lesson due to work commitment, I am glad i stayed in course for a year, completing my full elementary. I think French is a wonderful language though I don't have the opportunity to practice it. I hope someday, i can pick up this language again.

Friends - Made new friends, keep the old ones. Some got closer as we grow older. Some just drifted apart to pursue different goals in life. Some just showed up when help is needed. I can understand that. At different point of life, the priorities shifted accordingly. There will be times when 2 persons move to different tracks for their own interest. But you never know when the track will be back as one again.

This reminds me of a LOVE concept... maybe in Part 2, as I continue my waves of reflection.

The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made. Psalm 145:13




Comments