The French Stall

Qn : What lies underneath this block of flat?















Ans : The French Stall

















Surprise Surprise Surprise! In this quiet estate, there lies a french restaurant. Darren had actually wanted to bring me here on my birthday but it was closed on Monday. Finally, we got the chance to visit The French Stall.


The service was quick and polite. We were ushered to the Al Fresco dining area immediately.

If you are like me, worried that you cannot comprehend the Français menu, be assured that the menu is first in En Anglais then la Français. We made our choice for our 3-courses dinner after deliberating for a while.

You may wonder if they serve ice water or warm water since they are set in a housing estate. Well, they do and they serve it like in a proper restaurant.









We had our ice water in a green bottle.















And my camomile tea served in a Lipton mug.






Food was served fast and just warm enough to partake.


For Starters:

Hers: Traditional Onion Soup.









His: Half a Dozen Escargots served in Garlic Butter Sauce













Can't see clearly how escargots look like? There you go....











I was actually quite relieved that the escargots came de-shelled. Otherwise it would be too frightening for me to even look at it.















I was really hesitant about putting the escargot into my mouth. *A Forced Grin*











But I did. It tasted very slimy.... soft and all mashed up. I kept thinking that I was eating a slug. It was quite horrifying for me. So I gave up after 2 tries of escargots.


I think chowing down my traditional onion soup was a better choice.













It was actually very stringy with the cheese. The onion soup was good. There was a sweet taste and then followed by the peppery spiciness.









Like in any proper french restaurant, they serve your order in a sequence.


Next up, Main Course


His: Grilled Lean Pork with Boiled Cabbage









Portion served is adequate, so do not worry that you will be served pint size portion like in those fine dining. The taste was naturally enhanced with the spices. The pork was well marinated.



Hers: Grilled Seabass with Sauteed Potatoes






My grilled seabass was really a good choice. I had in mind actually what kind of fish I wanted and how it should be turned out. Well, The French Stall exceeded my anticipation.













The seabass was so fresh that you could peel the grilled skin away from the meat clean. I could taste the freshness and its naturally sweetness.










Even its sauteed potatoes were naturally enhanced-flavoured with tomatoes and its seeds.


For dessert, it was a Homemade Tiramisu to share.














In my humble opinion, I actually like the French's version than the Italiano's version. No hard feeling on this but its lightness accompanied with their fresh cream really suit well the freshness and light-flavoured food we had earlier.














My verdict: Do I even have to say it out? Look at me! Look at my face! What a delightful dinner! Although these 3- courses dinner for 2 set us back at a total of $64.15, seemed expensive for a dine out in a HDB setting, this is definitely much more affordable than the fine dining areas.

I will definitely be back for more!


Location of The French Stall :











Address as followed:










Direction as followed:








Comments