No More Excuse










Extracted from latest StyleWedding magazine
Q: My fiance is totally disinterested in the wedding and has told me that he is going through it just to please his and my parents. Although I am able to do everything myself, I feel our relationship does not benefit at all from this. Any advice?
A: Why have a wedding when one party in the relationship is obviously not interested in it? Before you set a date, it's best to understand what weddings are about in the first place. The event is for couples to exchange their vows and express their love and formal commitment to each other as husband and wife. It is also an opportunity for the newly-weds to share their joy with loved ones and friends. If one party does not feel the need for this or is totally disinterested in the event, then there is really no point in having a wedding at all. Don't rush into getting hitched under pressure or obligation. It takes two hands to clap and for a marriage to work, both parties need to be deeply committed and involved in the process.


Comments

kelvinlau76 said…
yes. i do somewhat agree with the article