Apple's After Thought

During dinner yesterday with a wise woman, she gave some insights on relationship with people, family and elderly. After hearing her out, I told her I would give it some thought.

1. On Independence - There's nothing wrong being independent. However, this could be overbearing because I would fail to consider others' needs and wants. So it will actually help to build rapport with the occasional treats. My 1st line of defense was insisting that this is so hypocritical, so unnatural. Because this has to be done consciously. But on 2nd thought, things that do not require any effort from my part will yield no result.

2. On changing Mentality - A chore will always be a chore unless you change your mentality. If you stop thinking that it is a chore, it will not be. Sounds familiar to me, like the same quote from FM 93.8 Eugene Low - Change your perspective, Change your life. My 2nd line of defense, why do I have to change? Think again, I have a lot to lose if I don't change my mentality. But I have more to gain if I embrace the change.

3. Loving your Spouse - Sometimes you just got to learn where is the limit, when to be contended and when to stop taking. How do you demonstrate your love?

As a Christian, what is love to me? If I would to proclaim that God is love, why am I not demonstrating the same love to my surrounding people like Jesus? Do I just want to be a Sunday's Christian or truly take up His cross?

I am glad that I still have a chance to reflect on my action and thoughts. Let time not be wasted on my self-center, my stubbornness and my indifference. I do hope and pray that this will not be short-lived but a change that would bring about the fruit of the Spirit.

Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4




Comments