Annoyed

I am annoyed.

By my mum. And My boyfriend.

Annoyed because he tried to smoke me about his marriage vow. Just hastily wrote me a few lines and handed up the homework. Tsk Tsk!!! Mr Poh, being in reservist is not an excuse. Homework was assigned to you in May. If you don't want to do it, say so. *Fuming*

Already in a lousy mood when I got home last night, the illogical nagging fueled by my mum finally sparked off the fire.

Terribly annoyed by my mum.

First, kept saying she is a very simple person. Doesn't need a lot of things for the Guo Da Li. Kept stressing that the guy's family should have the final say. In that case, I told her, be prepared that they won't do much.

Don't know what's gone into her. Suddenly she exclaimed so loudly, getting louder and louder, nagged at me from kitchen to my room. Kept saying, I messed things up, I complicated things, why cannot arrange both sides parents to meet, how can she tell the guy what to bring over....

I was already fuming inside but I kept quiet until the final point, enough is enough. I told her, she wants anything she can go direct to Mr Poh (BTW, he's standing at my side, keeping quiet all these while). Then the funny woman still insisted she cannot tell the guy what to bring!!!!

Is totally illogical.

On one hand, kept saying she is very simple, dun need so many things. Then why so scared people would gossip about who's tell who's on what to bring or prepare.

Cannot understand the older generation.

Wedding in Singapore is really expensive and is really time consuming. Despite us not having a banquet, the time to prepare is no less than having a banquet. Plus we need to quickly source for IDs for the house, how much free time we have?

Kept saying everything (Guo Da Li) very simple. If really simple, then why so many "cannot"...

If really that simple, then what does it matter who's tell who to bring what. Who's going to gossip? Who's going to know?

Very annoyed!

To me, everything is just a ceremony. A marriage certificare doesn't guarantee a fairytale ending. Church wedding and all, doesn't guarantee we will last forever.

Nothing is forever in the first place.
In the second place, nothing is going to work if you don't put in the effort to maintain the relationship.

So tell me, after I spent so much money and time in the wedding preparation, what will I get at the end of the day?

Comments

kelvinlau76 said…
look on the bright side.
after all we are still chinese,
we must not forget our roots & culture.
yes i agree its a hassle,
just get it done once & for all.
in future,
when u looked back,
it will be great memories to recall.
:wink: