Marriage Vow

When we were going through one of the marriage preparation counseling with Pastor, we were told to think about our marriage vow. He gave us a few samples which other couples had used before, we could either adapt one from there or write something ourselves.

Last Sunday, local radio DJ Venetta Lopez married her long time beau. The paper reported their marriage vow and it was so close to their heart. This made the whole wedding even more meaningful.

Interestingly, I just flipped through the local newspaper and saw this caption. In tomorrow's Sunday Times, there is going to be a feature on couples who wrote their own vow. Wow... this is something I am not going to miss it.

We have thought about our marriage vow and talked about our marriage vow. We wanted something that is short and 100% honesty. It should be a vow that we want to provide for our spouse, not some empty promises or worse still, couldn't even recall what was the marriage vow all about.

This is my own idea, but I haven't really work on the flow -

I will encourage him when things don't go well. I will support him even if everyone is deserting him. I will honour him (Read: Honour = submissive to the husband = respecting things he respect). My love and care will be continous. He will be my constant prayer. He will have my patience throughout. (He has been always been very patient with me, this is something I really want to commit for him too.) I would also like to commit this vow to God, remembering our union is only made possible by His grace.

As for him, not sure what he has penned.

Here are some webbie for inspirations

1. http://weddings.about.com/cs/bridesandgrooms/a/vowwording.htm

2. http://bible.org/article/sample-wedding-vows

3. http://elegantvows.com/vows/1.html

These webbies really provide such beautiful and meaningful vows. It quietens my heart and reminds me what is marriage all about.

Comments