$ING DOLLAR




What a splendid performance by our local acts!

I am glad that i chose a good seat and bought my ticket early. Funny gals - Dim Sum Dollies work with Hossan Leong, Sebastian Tan, Kumar, Lim Kay Siu and Najip Ali. With such a strong cast, I was treated to a humorous and truly Singapore's musical. Besides Phantom of the Opera, I guess $ing Dollar is another one that I won't forget a long time.

A little intro to $ING DOLLAR - this musical was set in current financial situation where $$$ was never enough. The main characters worked and lived in Geylang when one day, a cleaner (Najip Ali) discovered a dead body and followed by a bag full of cash. The story continued on the plot on how money caused drift, guilt and trouble. As like any good ending, love and family, friendship and kinship were bonded in this musical comedy.

If you have seen Dim Sum Dollies' work before, you will know that they are really good. Kumar is really a talented one and he is natural.

A special mention for Sebastian Tan - the Ah Beng. This is my 1st time watching him in action and now, I know why he is dubbed the "Broadway Beng". His performance had surpassed my expectation. His next show - Jiak Liu Lian opens 3 Dec at the Esplanade Theatre. Directed by acclaimed film maker Royston Tan, this "super-size" show will be one to look out for.

Oh hoh... linguist Hossan Leong is bringing us his talk show in October. What you cannot hear from the radio, watch from the TV will be presented at his "the Hossan Leong show". Opens on 1st Oct @ Drama Centre (NLB), definitely will raise some eyebrows.

I will be there, what about you? ;p

Comments