Aftermath of Modeling

I always find it funny when models were interviewed on their job and they said that modeling is not as glamorous as what people would think. There's a lot of hard work behind the pretty photos. Now, I understand what it takes to be a professional model.

First, you got to endure the tedious makeup slathered on your face. I had to keep my eyes un-blink for a few moments, when the makeup artist stuck the false eyelashes on me. It can be quite itchy for my eyes when she lined my eyes lid. After the makeup, it was the curling and tucking of your hair into places, secured by pins. It was one and half hour later then I was ready to face the camera.

(That's me in process of making my face pretty enough for the lens)





















We were quite stiff and unnatural for the 1st few shots. People would be staring at you while you did those exaggerating movements.

But that day, God was really kind to us. It was cloudy in the morning when we were out in botanical garden and when we were done, the rain came. So it provided some cooling effect for the afternoon shoot.

We wrapped up the day at Marina Barrage before 7pm. Everyone was tired.

By then, my smile had waned and my legs felt like breaking. In fact, the next day, I was aching all over my body and it was amazing I survived the whole day in office.




















If I were to use analogy to describe the modeling experience, it would be like arranging a flower bouquet. Nice to look at, nice to hold but the effort in making it beautiful requires skill, hard work and passion.

I don't think I will put myself through another photo shoot session. The cleansing of my face and washing off the hairspray on my hair are another part that people seldom take note of, but it is essential to maintain healthy skin and hair.

I'm off to my bed now... still feeling the exhaustion from that day.. Zzz

Comments