I found it!

Last Sunday, we went to Chinatown for one main purpose. To exchange Thai baht for our trip. In return, we got more than we expected for.

We had a late lunch at the People's Park Hawker Center. This hawker center is not to be confused with the newly renovated Chinatown market or the Hong Lim food center nearby. If you take the train and alight at Chinatown station, head for the People's Park (near OG) exit. You will see the hawker centre once you come up from the escalator.

Why the special mention of this hawker centre? Because in a "crouching tiger, hidden dragon" style, we discovered the best Yong Tau Foo.

It was a pity that I forgot my camera. I had to make do with my 2 mega pixels camera phone. See that long stretch of queue?! These people were patiently queuing for their Yong Tau Foo.

In order to find out how special and how good is the Yong Tau Foo, we joined in the queue. And it was worth waiting for.



Don't look down on this small bowl of Yong Tau Foo.

The soup base is made of soya bean. The texture, clear and fragrant. I believed this soup base has been boiled until the soya bean's favour went into the soup.

The fish ball - Best! First time, ate a fish ball that's so bouncy! The moment you see it, you know this is not any ordinary fish ball.

The fried Dou Fu - crispy on the outside but internally, the smooth Dou Fu was still intact. Mostly importantly, the taste was fresh. I had bad impression of Yong Tau Foo's Duo Fu because usually they were sourish. But this changed my mind.

They don't serve any noodles or rice. Strictly just their handmade Yong Tau Foo. For this bowl of hard work, $3.50 is well-spent. Note that they are opened daily but their opening hours are really short. They start serving around 1+pm and will close the stall for the day at about 4+pm.

*then ah, what's the stall name?*

Er... sorry, in my eagerness to savour the Yong Tau Foo, I forgot to note down their Chinese Character's stall name. But reassured, in the whole hawker center, I can safely say that this is the only stall with super long queue. You won't be able to miss it.

Comments