Super Perplexed



Was it one week ago that I wrote that I was contemplating to be a Stay-At-Home-Mum (SAHM)? Well, I was very upset on Monday when I received news of the possibility of having to send Jon to IFC. There was conflicts back at my parents' place.

The gist of the problem was no one to pick up my bro's kids from childcare centre (CC). In the past, SIL and bro depended on my mum. Since my mum is now looking after Jon, there were a few times I couldn't rush back in time for my mum to leave. So she had to enlist my father's help and now my father made such a big fuss, we are dropping him out of the equation.

So my plates became full again with multiple problems.

1. Childcare - who's going to take care of my ah boy?

option a - quit my job. Possible but finance will be tight.
option b - send to IFC (infant care). But where?

2. Work - Is it the time to quit now? What's my plan?

3. Maid - act blur or pure wood block?

In the end, God gives me a way out.

I confided in colleague of my problems and she told me that our company actually has part time scheme. But to be converted to a part-timer, I must use up my earned leaves. But time was running out then, I had to make a decision quick - stay or quit. I couldn't think straight.

So I requested to leave workplace early and use my leaves to offset the balance hours. The crux of the childcare problem was so long my mum could leave before 6pm to pick up the 2 kids. There would be no problem. Of course, my SIL also compromise by clearing her own leaves to pick up the 2 kids. In a way, the problem is temporary solved, at least.

Stay? Quit? Part time?

Not so inclined to stay but then, even if I want to do piano teaching, I still need someone to take care Jon while I teach. Part time scheme is worth considering. But then, will I be doing 70% of my current work load or will it be a 100% current workload with my 70% part time here?

Maid - I totally give up on her. Really a woodblock or a good actress? Said she doesn't English and yet when I chided Darren at times, she would giggle at the back. So "close the door. close the windows" is too "chim" for her but "how come you still stand there? why don't you take out the stroller?" is basic English for her.

Don't dare to tell me when home supplies run low. Citing that I am too fierce so she rely on my mum to pass the message. Would I then have confidence in her to help in childcare? Absolutely no way.

So I called up the agency and worked out the refund and everything else. Suddenly this "woodblock" became alive. Suddenly very onz, yah! Suddenly she found her voice and dare to tell me detergents running low. And just when I am so adamant to send her back, ah boy is flipping.

New consideration again - can my mum alone cope with ah boy? With a maid around, though act blur at times, pretend pretend... my mum still gets help when she needs. But the thought of having the maid around is sending me to "sian" mood again.

What would you do if you were me?





Comments

mamamira said…
I personally feel it's better not to send to childcare now, because a bb's immune system might not be so good yet.

Maid-wise, as long as she didn't make any major mistake, can continue, because at least you got extra pair of hands and eyes, not forgetting, Jon will be learning to crawl and walk soon, really have to watch over him closely.

Can give working P/T a try and sees how it goes first :))