Hokkaido Sushi Restaurant


Had a lunch date with Darren on Thursday. We went for deal.com discounted meal, located at M Hotel's Hokkaido Sushi Restaurant.





I made a reservation for two at 12 noon and thought that the restaurant would be bustling with the lunch crowd. But no, it was very quiet and there were only 4 other patrons besides us.






The deal at $29.90 was the above.







The starter was a piece of cold tofu with lobster, roe and century egg sauce. I never like century egg and so I didn't enjoy this starter at all.








The sashimi platter consisted of yellow tail, swordfish, salmon, tuna and probably a mackerel. While it was fresh, it did not have the "ocean freshness" like Sakuraya.







By the time I started on the Oyakodon (minus egg), the restaurant started to fill with people. Although it was not finger-tasting good, at least I finished the whole bowl right to the last grain of rice.







The salmon was interesting. It was my first time to have a combination of salmon with egg. The effect was not bad.






I guess this was the reason why the set lunch was at $29.90 - Shark's fin chawanmushi. I felt my skin was absorbing all the collagen non-stop while savouring this delicacy.



We started our lunch at 12pm and by 12.45pm we were done with the lunch. Overall, still a good deal for a Japanese set lunch.






Comments