Praising God




This is really a difficult and trying period. Challenges keep swimming to my face. Even a small task such as getting down from a height, landed me with a bandage left foot.

It seemed that I had pull a tendon on Friday when I was getting down from the Doc's examining bed. Perhaps I landed on my wrong foot or I landed on the wrong angle. There was a sharp pain but I ignored it. Then on Sat night, I thought I would self medicate with the Tiger Balm and rubbed my sore ankle.

By Sunday morning, I was limping my way to Church and finally sought professional help in the afternoon.






The chinese sinseh rubbed away the bruise. Of course, it pained a lot. Slapped her cooling ointment on my ankle and bandaged my foot. A small pull at the tendon caused quite a serious inflammation. No wonder my left ankle swelled and pained to touch.

So here I am, in my bandaged left foot for 4 days.

Hmm... then what does my left foot got to do with praising God?

After the service, I usually would chit chat with the ladies from church. Do some catch up and catch the prayer requests. After hearing the ordeal that another lady, I felt my problems were indeed very small case. Another lady reminded of us " give thanks in all circumstances "(1).

Indeed, when I was surfing the internet, I came across this blog that this woman blogged on her journey of receiving the good news of pregnancy to the moment of losing her baby to a miscarriage. In one particular post, she talked about the "Desert Song" by Hillsong. One sentence that she wrote, striked me the most.

(Paraphrase) - If you can stand in all circumstances and still praise God, you are telling the devil that he has not won. Indeed, he has lost.

I shared this with Darren and he added on. He said this is what we called Faith. Even if you are standing in the middle of the desert, you see no end, yet you can still sing praises to God, you are telling God, you trust Him. This is called Faith.

Just half an hour ago, I thought of this Faith and praising God in all circumstances, I suddenly thought of this verse.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29: 11 (NIV)


You can call it my booster of encouragement or strength, I feel so much more secured and strengthen.






And like how God nourishes and causes the trees to grow, the flowers to bloom. Doesn't He feed the sparrows and clothe the lily? (2) How much more worth am I compared to the sparrows? (3)















Footnote:

(1) --- 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (New International Version)

(2) --- Do Not Worry

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:25-34 (New International Version)


(3) ---

29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Matthew 10:29-31

(New International Version)


Comments

Angeline said…
Hope your feet have recovered by now =) God bless!