BBT


For those trying to start a family, would have come across acronyms such as BBT, OPK in the TTC community. For a start BBT is the body basal temperature measured immediately after you are awake to detect ovulation period.

However, I am talking about another type of BBT here..... nothing to do with babies but got to do with adults.

This is the Battle of the Bubble Tea (BBT)!

Ever since the Taiwanese invented the bubble tea, the bubble hasn't really burst. In fact, I could see the bubble floating higher than before with 2 new chains in the market.

Contestant #1 - Gong Cha

To be honest, I didn't know what Gong Cha is about until on Sunday, Ms Angeline took me to the latest outlet at Raffles City.

There wasn't much on the menu but I had to admit that their choice of tea was quite unique. I placed an order of Milk Earl Grey but I didn't know that I had to order the sago pearls separately.




Earl Grey with Milk ~ 50% sugar


From queueing to place the order and waiting for my order took about 15 minutes. Hmm... quite disappointed because I didn't taste any Earl Grey in it.


Contestant #2 - Koi Cafe

Okay, I also don't know what's Koi bubble tea is about. Just one day, I noticed there's a snake queue of people outside this shop in Clementi. So I went to see what was happening. Oh... it was Koi, so what?

Then my student was telling me about the Koi tea, the smooth texture, the smaller pearls.

Finally, I went to stand in the queue. The menu was standard with the usual flavours. I didn't spot any special unique flavour. I ordered an Oolong Tea with Milk. Since I had to make a comparison, I got to choose a black tea.

From queueing to place my order to receive my drink, it was as long as 30 minutes. It had better to be really a good bubble tea.



Oolong Tea with Milk ~ 50% sugar


Hmm... this round, I tasted the Oolong and I quite like the sago pearls. Even DP gave his nod after sampling this bubble tea drink.


Verdict #

Koi Cafe won. However, I won't be so hardworking and stand in the queue again for this Koi experience. But I think it is a good idea to let customers choose their own sugar level. I quite enjoyed the level of sweetness in both my milk tea.





Comments

AC said…
There is nothing better than bubble tea.
Joe said…
That Earl Grey with milk looks incredible. MMMMM!!!