Lamington - my new discovery





Lamington is an Australia cake.










I had my first taste at Raelene's birthday party. She's an Australian.

At my first glance of the cake, I thought it was some Malay's kueh. Then I overheard a lady exclaimed that it was a piece of delicious cake. Immediately my ear pricked up. Cake? You
mean the kueh lookalike is a cake?

And so it was.







A sponge cake layered with thick chocolate. Sprinkled a healthy dose of grated coconut. There you go... a Lamington cake is borned.

I got my fix at Gloria Jean coffee house. They sell a decent piece of Lamington cake in chocolate or strawberry flavour at $2.50 each.









Comments

Angeline said…
wow...see the way u describe and the pic of Lamington made me crave for it now =p i just told Jason that i shall and must definitely give it a try this weekend!!! LOL =p