i have to learn to cope

I have been feeling dejected these few days. This feeling stemmed from several events and remarks.

I have tried to steer myself into a hopeful situation. Spent more time reading the scriptures. Prayed more to have the sense of Peace back into my soul. I also have flipped through my past journal entries, to remind myself that in all circumstances, I have Christ in me.

I don't want to let myself fall into the "Herd Mentality" group. I don't want to stay in a comfort zone because I dare not try out new things. I haven't figured out what's my next best step to take. For this, I have to learn to cope now.

Sometimes, I pray for a selfish motive. For that, I'm sure God won't grant me. It is a struggle for me to seek the delicate balance between a Christian and a girl in this world. It is a struggle for me to be "in this world but not part of this world." When the mouth proclaim, in Him we put our trust. But how much did our action actually carry our Faith?

I'm also blaffed and tired from all the late night stay ups. Not to party or watch TV but just to get the house clean. How is it possible that there's only 2 of us staying in the house and we have a cleaning auntie to come in fornightly to clean up our place and yet, there's still things to do for the house?

The laundry, the ironing, folding of clothes, the putting away the dried dishes etc. Granted that it is not a daily chore but somehow, we don't get to sleep early. My husband told me "it's like that. Now that you have your own family, it's like that. It's part and parcel of the sacrifice for the family."

Maybe I'm just being grouchy because of a serious, prolong lack of restful sleep.

Comments