Putien - have you try it?



Recently. Putien opened a new branch in Jurong Point. We went to try it on Friday. Was not expecting too much because firstly, I don't know why Crystal Jade closed down one of its outlets and Putien took over the shop front. Secondly, I prefer Cantonese Cuisine for a chinese dinner than any other dialect. From the menu placed outside, I vaguely guess Putien could be serving Hokkien Cuisine.

While waiting for our table, I saw the blown up advertisement they placed. One of the captions caught my attention. It was HK celebrity Nadia Chan aka Chen Song Ling commenting Putien's dishes offered non stop surprises for her palate. I thought it was abit exaggerating.

We opted for their dinner set menu for 2 pax at $38++. Came with four dishes :



1. Bamboo Herbal Prawns



It was a shame I didn't have a proper camera with me. Snapped this with a typical camera hp which doesn't do justice to the dish.

2. Homemade Beancurb




3. Deep Fried Tenggiri Fish

Picture Source : http://www.putien.com/food_seafood.html

I guess we were so busy tucking in that we forgot to snap the tenggiri fish. After searching the website of Putien, realised that they actually had their menu online. It came with a special garlic sauce that was both sweet and sour.

4. Main Course which we chose their Putien's Lor Mee


5. Lastly, complimentary dessert - White fungus (cold)




Verdict:

Total cost for this unassuming dinner date at $44.75 (after taxes). It was money well spent. The Bamboo Herbal Prawn was the first surprise. Didn't expect the soup stock to be so fragrant with all the herbal infusion. Serving in a bamboo container makes the whole presentation delightful. Second surprise was the Homemade Beancurb. I'm not a fan of beancurb and the menu picture didn't make it appetizing. But one mouth and I was totally won over. Very smooth! Third surprise came with the Deep Fried Tenggiri Fish and the sauce. We were much more amazed by the garlicky sweet and sour sauce. The Lor Mee was average but the chilli was damned good! Even I, a non chilli eater, scoped a few mouthful with the Lor Mee. The dessert, White Fungus with Lian Zi and Red Dates, was refreshing and ended the whole dinner in a nice tone.

Now I understand why the caption "Offering Non Stop Surprises!"

Sedap lah! Must go and try okay!


Comments

yagizaneo said…
I am very tempted to try today after work haha..i luv beancurds..but do they only serve lor mee..can choose other options?
Les Pommes said…
yes... you can choose from a wide range of main course they have. must go there early to get table otherwise have to wait very long.