Happiness Index

How high will you rate your happiness on your Wedding day?

A) The Happiest day in your life
B) Happier than usual
C) Happy
D) Neutral
E) None of the above

I went to my cousin's church wedding last Sat. It was a beautiful wedding, no doubt. I really like it when the pastor was addressing them, they both looked at each other and beaming away.

As a bystander, the whole wedding was done within 90 mins.

It kinda make me wonder how much effort the couple put in for that 90 mins of their most beautiful and significant moment. It also make me wonder what does it matter then, if the venue was not decorated to resemble a garden. The food was not served for a king's appetite. The guests were not entertained to a royal ball galavant.

If that's the case, should I then be concerned about the flowers, the colours used, the ribbons, the food etc.

So as to say, sorry folks if you are expecting something grand and extravagant for the Big Celebration. It is going to be a pauper's wedding and may it be rich in God's grace and love.

As for my answer to the above question, it will be (E). Simply because for a good marriage to happen, you need 2 servants to be in love and not 2 masters. Both should serve one another and not to lord over each other. Otherwise, you will find yourself telling your partner,

"When I first met you, you were my ideal. Now after married, you are an ordeal. And I want a new deal."

Comments

raCh ;) said…
well-said!
Wishing u a simple but significant wedding celebration, and a lifetime of beautiful marriage!