Out! Next please...

The recent customer satisfaction survey 2009 showed a dip. And I could understand why.

On Thursday, I got a chance to visit Vivocity and went to a fast food joint which was known for their expensive burgers. I patronized the shop less than 5 times and I could only remember that their portobello mushroom burger was good. So I decided to have a burger and a hot tea before I headed home.

However, it proved to be a mistake that ruined my dinner entirely.

The story went like this...

Me : I like to have a portobello mushroom burger without onions.
Counter Staff (CS); male in his late 20s : Do you want to upgrade to a meal?
Me : Nope and I like to have a hot tea.

Suddenly CS gestured to me by tilting his head sideways. I was totally clueless to what he was trying to express. After 2 attempts, CS gave up and used his finger to point to the A4 poster board placed at the counter and said loudly : "you should give me one of this"

Huh? excuz moi?

What? Gave what?

CS (sighed and showed signs of frustration) put one of this leaflet in front of me.



By now, I was extremely confused, puzzled and exasperated. Never in my life had I thought that ordering a burger and a tea could be such a hard chore. I flipped the leaflet behind.


And CS got so frustrated, he flipped it over and said loudly again "It's here."

Huh? Here? Here what?

CS : "just give me one of these." (very unfriendly)

I totally gave up and just pull out one "burger" and push it to him.

And gosh! In the entire 30 mins when I was munching my burger, then I realized it was a ala-carte promotion.

Either get a $2 off the burger or get a free coke.

CS's refusal to open his golden mouth to explain the promotion was really exasperating. I was standing there like a fool and wasn't the CS's duty to explain any promotion to paying customer?

That's it. I am not going back there again. Not just because of the poor customer service but the burger standard has dropped just like their staff's attitude.

Another one strikes off the list.

Next please....


Comments