Boring Xmas!



This is truly the most boring Xmas ever. No turkey, no gammon ham, no sashimi and fresh oysters, no ribs and no wine! The only thing that I had closest to Xmas was a mini log cake which I shared with Darren and Jonathan.



mini logcake from Polar



But the days leading up to Xmas was eventful. 

1. On Sunday night, I broke my hot stone.



broken hot stone



Hot stone is my best friend in my breastfeeding journey. I depend on it to clear all the lumps and blocked ducts. Without it, I would be quite lost. At the same time I broke my hot stone, my Avent pump went dead.

2. Avent pump went dead on me. Even though I have Medela Freestyle, the suction was not strong enough to draw out the milk. It was really frustrating and nerve-wreaking (another episode of engorgement was definitely not welcomed).

So I latched even in the wee hours and all the way until my new Avent pump arrived. 

3. I actually bought my Avent single electronic pump 2nd handed online. Got it for $100 but the Philips service centre staff was so kind. They exchanged a new pump for me - out of goodwill. Really happy about it! But at the same time, I sent Darren to collect another 2nd handed pump which I purchased immediately online for $120. So now, I'm really happy (and 安心) that I have 2 Avent Pumps on standby plus a Medela. 

I guess because of the frequent nursing, when I finally got the chance to pump, my supply went a notch higher.




Day 9 - slightly more than 125ml


So though my Xmas was really boring, seeing my milk supply went up give me some consolation.


getting chubbier @ Day 10

These few days, I also realize that Matthew has put on some weight as I could feel my arms aching after nursing. Not complaining and hope to see a chubby Matthew soon =D


Comments