A Rant


I am going to rant... not on confinement issue but on my house cleaner.

This China Pei Du Mama which I hired her for a year to come and clean my house fortnightly is getting more and more slack. She is supposed to come and clean my house for 4 hours but the last cleaning trip, she stayed only 3 hours and leaving a trail of unfinished work.

Each time, she would come up with new complaint for eg. my windows are very dusty. The new mop is no good blah blah...

As I'm doing my confinement now and there's a lot of cooking, I expect her to clean my kitchen. Yet, she said "not very oily" ... She always seemed to miss out some spots and my interior mirrors have not been cleaned for weeks.

Getting a replacement is hard but with the kind of dust from the lift upgrading, I really need someone with integrity to really come and clean my house and not do a surface job. In the end, I approach Amahs on Wheels. Oh man! They're really expensive, double what I pay the part time cleaner. Even then, I was told that the earliest they could start with my place is end Sept.

Sigh!

I just did a quick calculation. Employing a maid may be more worthwhile then outsourcing the care of Jonathan to Cherie Hearts and getting a cleaner to do weekly cleaning. But right now, a maid is not a good choice with no supervision once I return to work.

Guess I just have to bear with current situation until another good alternative comes up.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Did you ever find a reliable cleaner? I am thinking of trying amah on wheels. I too am not happy with my current part time maid. :(