On Our (my) Own



Confinement Auntie Lin ended her stint with us on 22 Sept. We took her out for a nice lunch before sending her off.

Although we didn't say those tear jerking words, we all knew that she can't part with baby Jonathan while me felt so lost without her around.




Auntie has been really good with Jonathan and has a lot of initiatives. Although she made mistakes now and then, I couldn't really fault her since Jonathan made her have sleepless nights at times. So when GPLS confinement care agency called me to ask for feedback, I couldn't help but gave her all the praises.

Once auntie left, I started to get emo again. Although Darren took leave to help during this transition period, I still feel so overwhelmed that my crying spell began...

I think Darren has it worst than me. He needs to tend to a cranky baby and a super emo wife which snapped at him and cried for no reason.

Without auntie, we were really quite lost and messy. I wanted to go out for lunch yesterday but being so disorganized, we ended up not going anywhere. I hope today we will fare better. We took turns to wake up for night feeds. I took the 5am shift so that I can get ready the things for going out.

While is really tiring and sometimes my emo gets better over me, I still enjoy being at home with Jonathan. I wish time will slow down...


Comments

mamamira said…
Trust me, things will only get better as you get the hang of it. Just do your best, and god will do the rest :)