Antenatal Class



I have started my antenatal class (childbirth education) for 3 weeks now. We chose to have the class at Mount Alvernia instead of Gleneagles due to the schedule of the class.

So for 3 weeks already, we spent our Saturday afternoon learning about the nutrition that mum-to-be needed, exercises to strengthen the back and also the latest topic was on labour.







I was glad that in the class, we were taught about breathing techniques and also how to observe for signs of labour. This is so important for 1st time mummy like me who is absolutely clueless what to do when water bag breaks, or when contraction starts.






Now that I'm better equipped, I think I can handle the labour process better. Or at least I hope.. haha..

Comments

mamamira said…
It's good to establish a birth plan now and discuss it with yr gynae as he'll be in the best position to advice you :))
Les Pommes said…
What's a birth plan? So far there's no mentioning of a birth plan from my gynae. Maybe he will talk about it at my next visit :)
mamamira said…
Birth plan is how you (would) want yr labour to be. Natural or C-section? Type of painkiller preferred- 'laughing gas' or epidural? Have it in yr mind first so that on actual day, you won't be so kan cheong.
For me, I went ahead with my birth plan to have natural with epidural and it turned out to be a smooth one. But of course, I have to bear wif the side effect of epidural esp backache in particular upon delivery.