On Wing of Songs


My piano student, Jane took up voice singing for quite sometime. Last Sunday, her teacher had organized a recital for his students and Jane was to perform 2 songs. She invited me to this recital that was held in the afternoon at Republic Polytechnic.





I didn't really know what to expect, except that she would be performing " Come and trip it" by G.F Handel and "The sun, whose rays" by G. & A. Sullivan





I had no idea what kind of styles were all these songs. So when 2 young performers started a duet as opening, I was blown away. In between opera and contemporary music, they delivered such clarity in their pitch and voice.






When Jane came to the centre stage, I was amazed how this young lady transformed. I didn't know she could sing with such vibrato!






I was glad that I came to this recital and opened my eyes that how many young talents were out there. I was even more amazed how young people would actually choose to do voice singing and have so much passion in it.

Great Work!


Comments