Hainanese Chicken Rice



This was my first attempt in doing Hainanese Chicken Rice. My recipe was a mix from my mother's instruction and online recipe.

First attempt was passable but there was room for improvement.





Lesson leant :

1. I should just boil the chicken for 1 minute to cleanse it. Then quickly drain it. Change the water and boil my chicken again. This round, I can then safely use the chicken stock to cook my rice. And using this new step would make my chicken more tender.

2. Using the 1st time chicken stock to cook my rice would make my rice more fragrant too. But pandan leaves are recommended for that extra touch.





3. Even for veggies, I could steam it to retain the nutrients better and it would taste better than boiled veggie.


Now, with these pointers from my critics, I'm ready to take on the challenge again.



Comments