YLEO - Why I'm using it


2 years ago, I blogged an entry on my embarking journey using Young Living's essential oils. Back then, many were skeptical of its usefulness and reliability. Young Living is a MLM brand (multiple-level marketing) which is frowned upon. The local community group "One Drop" which supported YLEO and aims to support members on application purpose and know-how, know-what has been issued with warnings from authority that no direct linkage of applying YLEO to treating illnesses should be posted on forum. I understand where the authority is coming from and I believe it is for the good for all not to be misled.

However, I have to say after 2 years of using YLEO in hope to boost up the boys' immunity, I am starting to see the benefits. My initial 2 bottles of Thieve and RC has grown to a repertoire of remedies for different purposes.


Daily Maintenance

For daily maintenance of keeping their immunity up, I apply Thieves and Copaiba. When I mention apply, it would mean one drop of EO on my palm and then I rub before covering their soles with my palm for around 30secs. Daily maintenance means I apply once before I leave for work, once before they leave for school, after their showers and finally at bedtime.



for further boosting 

When I notice they start to display symptoms of falling sick, I change to ImmunoPower and Copaiba. When there is an outbreak of HFMD, this will be my routine instead, though I alternate with Thieves too. Copaiba is applied as the last oil as it is believed to "amplify" the effect of previous oils which is essential enhancing immune system.


hateful mosquito bites


Jon has always had this bad reaction from mosquitoes bites and each bite can swell to an enormous size which is very upsetting. I have learnt to use Lavender and Purification. Lavender for soothing the itchiness and Purification as anti-inflammatory. I apply direct onto the bites. One drop each time.



my insect repellent combo


And I haven't seen any steroid cream that works as fast as my EO in reducing the swell and relieve of itchiness. The efficiency is seen within 6 hours of continuous reapplication of the EO.



to counter the flu & cough


The common flu and cough is a big headache as well and so at the instant I heard coughing, I take out my "respiratory set" which is Myrtle / RC, Thieves and Copaiba.


my first diffuser



diffuser at work


2 months ago, I got a diffuser with the help of a friend, Ms C. She was the one that introduced me to YLEO. With this diffuser, I would diffuse Purification or RC when they have a cough. I diffuse when the boys are having their bedtime story books reading.


Finally, the challenging fever.


When Matt got his first febrile attack, Ms C gave me a small bottle of Raindrop Blend to help reduce the fever. She taught me to use in this sequence (Lemon, RDB, Purification, Peppermint) and I found it work after a few rounds so I have been keeping to it.



raindrop blend in a reused bottle (2nd from left)


Then through the OneDrop community, I learnt that Lemon and Lavender work well for fever too. However, I apply direct one drop of Lemon and one drop of Lavender, to rub down the spine.


my 2nd fever remedy set

I'm not advocating the replacement of medication with EO.  I'm using it mainly to supplement and enhancing the kids' immune system. When they are unwell, we still bring them to PD and they still have to be under medications. However, I use EO to supplement treatment and notice they need lesser medications than before. Darren attributes to twice daily of fish oil and cod liver oil which is also good for boosting immunity.

He doesn't stop me from using my EO on them while I don't complain of the fishy oily residue left in milk bottles. Like any parents, we just do whatever we can in the interests of our children.

Comments