Mother's Day 2015


After being a mummy myself, I realised how much my own mother has given herself to us. On Mother's Day itself, I picked her some flowers myself. Thought it would be nice for the boys to present her the flowers at the family's lunch gathering.



Flowers for my mum


Lunch gathering was at Jurong Safra. It was actually an event organised by the Nanyang Community Centre. My mum, being an avid supporter of CC's activities and events, got a table for us. The lunch was served by Joy Garden. We didn't bring along our helper which meant that we won't be able to eat in peace and we didn't have much time to interact with others. Jon was slightly better than Matt. At least he could sit and eat for about 4 dishes before fidgeting around. Matt was fidgety, as usual and only towards the ending, he then decided he would eat. Ah, I didn't have the chance to talk to my family because trying to get the boys eat and keeping an eye on them got me real busy.



Presenting flowers to my mum


After lunch, we adjourned back to my parents' place for catch up. At least I got to have a decent conversation finally! Haha… then my mum told us about my cousin's chocolate cake. Upon checking out the cake, we realised it's from Smile Asia Week. Cousin of mine  spends her weekends doing charity work and she was helping out with the Smile Asia Week.

In case you didn't know about Smile Asia campaign, it is a fund-raising event to help the cleft-lipped children to get corrective surgery in the poorer parts of Asia. With these surgeries, these kids could smile. It's really a good clause.

So after leaving my parents' place, we drove down to one of the collecting points, which was One Raffles Quay.


the packaging


Ritz-Carlton prepared the yummy chocolate cake which was essentially Valrhona Chocolate Banana Cake. Very soft and yummy chocolate mousse cake which was affordable at $35. So I got my cake and I get to eat it - for a good clause!


the cake


The cake came with this little verse in a pocket. This verse was close to our hearts because we are assured and can be confident that God is watching out for us. Luke 12 : 22-28…


verse close to our heart



Oh wait… there was a surprise from the hubby too.


flowers for me

He got these beautiful flowers for the boys to give me. A lovely surprise indeed! A lovely day to spend with your loved ones and also for a good clause!


Happy Mother's Day, each day and everyday!

Comments