Look What She Has Done!






Look at the damage that my maid has done to my floor. She claimed that she accidentally spill a cup of water while ironing and at the same time, Matthew was crying. So she tended to him first and not mop up the mess.

And yet, she didn't even mention or talk about it to me when I got home. Instead she kept quiet until at night 10pm, Darren discovered it and was hopping mad! Yes... we were so mad that we almost booked a ticket to send her home on the very same night. Upon confrontation, she admitted it was not the first time she spilled water in the room.

To redo the room, it would cost $900 to overlay the whole room with a better material. If not, it would be $800 to redo half the room with original material and the effect would not be so nice. I also called up the maid agency which I was told that I could not get the maid to compensate us. But the agency did chided her and warned her.

I was and am still very upset over this incident because this was not the first time she made such a serious mistake. Even though she made me angry over last weekend, we still allowed and paid for her call home and even brought her out for buffet dinner to celebrate Mother's Day. Even my mum also couldn't help but nagged at her on her conduct.

After we had cooled down, we decided to keep her, primarily, she does take care of Matthew well. Just that she is very careless in general housework. Also, to take in a new maid doesn't mean she will be better and it takes time to re-train a new one.

For now, Darren decided not to redo the room. So the sight of a warped floor would serve as a constant reminder to her that she better buck up.

Comments