Happy Birthday to Me!

17 May 2013

Another year older and hopefully another year wiser. The original celebration plan was a trip to The Line for yummy buffet, followed by couple spa at Amara Hotel. But Jonathan was down with phlegmy cough so we didn't send him to school for the whole week again. This also meant that we had to re-plan. Plan B became a brunch at Food For Thought at botanic garden.



food for thought


I love their spacious layout and big table that is so family friendly. They even have a toddler meal, perfect for the little one.




scrambled egg, bacons & toasted bread


We topped up an extra $2 for a dessert box that came with apple juice and a little cupcake.











Jonathan enjoyed his brunch as much as us. I think he enjoyed more messing up the food and trying to self-feed.


sausages and more sausages


Bangers & Mash for two was not really enough for two. I had to top up my brunch with the pancakes.



mixed berries pancakes
served with cold whipped cream & spiced Gula Melaka


wow wow wow! I must agreed with Lady Iron Chef that they have the best pancakes in town. Really yummy pancakes. So good that I kept thinking about the pancakes.


decaf cappucino


What's a celebratory meal for me if there ain't any caffeine? In view that I'm still breastfeeding and to preserve my sanity, I went for a decaffeinated cappuccino.


father & son enjoying their brunch



While we were enjoying ourselves with all the yummy food, poor Matthew could only sit in the stroller and savored his "drumstick" aka his thumb.



where's my share?


We went without the maid and haha, although there were times that we were quite messy and noisy, we managed to pull through our brunch plan. Left after 2 hours there, abandoned our plan to feed the tortoises and headed for home as Jonathan became cranky after an exciting morning.


Comments