Malaysia Boleh


Qn : What is Malaysia Boleh?

Ans : It is a new food joint at Jurong Point that sells Malaysia's popular dishes.

Last Sunday, we or should be I decided that lunch will be from Malaysia Boleh after church. We went for takeaway as Jonathan had fallen asleep and we didn't want to risk waking him up from noisy shopping centre or restaurant.

We were not quite sure what to order since it was our maiden trip. In the end, these were what we got.



KL Hokkien Mee


I first queued for KL Hokkien Mee, thinking it was the usual prawn hokkien mee. But when I got my food, I was shocked. First... it was black! and the portion was really small for $4.50.


So I thought I better get another takeaway.


Wanton Mee


I thought Wanton Mee would be a safe choice. The portion was okay for $3.50 + $0.20 more for takeaway.


Then Darren met me after buying the helper's lunch.


Evergreen Chicken Rice



It looked big for $3.50 but I know it won't satisfy the helper. So while Darren was queuing for another stall, I went to buy Bak Ku Teh.


Herbal Bak Ku Teh



Since everything we bought is rather small in portion, I decided to go for the $8 large portion with 2 rice.


We finished our food spree with this last dish.


Oyster Omelette


Our small pack of oyster omelette was another $4, really small in portion like my palm size.



Qn : Is the food good?

Ans : No!


The food was really disappointing.

First, the black hokkien mee appearance did not help whet up any appetite. I couldn't taste anything except the black sauce/ dark soya sauce/ sweet sauce. The wanton mee had a lot of fatty BBQ pork which I didn't like. The noodle was rather hard and it was not flavorsome like the cantonese style wanton mee. I also realized that there was no wanton inside.

Then, the chicken rice was bare. Not a single tiny weeny slice of cucumber in sight. The herbal bak ku teh was too strong for me. I would prefer the peppery bak ku teh in clear soup instead. Another disappointment was the oyster omelette. It was too wet and sticky. Really quite unlike our Singapore style.


This would be our first and last visit to Malaysia Boleh.



Comments

mrs sim said…
the wantan mee had dumpling in the soup if u dine in but nothing to rave abt.. can juz forget it..