Romancing Russia


Ms Momo Peach alerted me to this piano recital some months ago. I wasn't sure if I could attend until last week.




Romancing Russian - a piano solo recital by upcoming pianist Chisato Kusunoki. The autobiography introduced Chisato born in Germany but lived in Japan at the age of 2 to 13. Her piano performance career was colourful, having won many prestigious awards. She is also a steinway artist. To qualify as a steinway artist, you have to be of certain calibre. Our own local piano prodigy, Abigail Sim is one of the talented pianists selected to enjoy this privilege.

As a steinway artist, you can practice in any of their studio worldwide for free. As for this brand Steinway, I would say it is like Louis Vuitton to a fashionista and Steinway to a pianist.









Last evening, Darren, Xiao Poh and myself enjoyed this intriguing piano recital for free. Thanks to Ms Momo Peach again.

While I personally am not into so much of late romantic period music (I'm more of a Classical period fan .. think Mozart), Ms Chisato's interpretation of this late romantic period Russian music was truly amazing.

Her techniques was superb, no doubt. Her ability to verbalize the musical composition of these Russian composers took the 3 of us into Wow Wow Land. Yes, my Xiao Poh enjoyed her playing that he moved to the music. Xiao Poh may be still in my womb, he definitely knows his music, moving when there's good performance eg. my violin teacher playing her violin.

I look forward to hearing more of Chisato accomplishments and her next performance in Singapore. And hopefully Xiao Poh will be big enough to sit on his own seat and enjoy a splendid performance by world class pianist.


Comments