Refreshing Coconut


I recently got hooked onto online sprees. When the September mummies gather together to order coconut drinks, I jumped into the bandwagon as well.







This was the selected brand out of the many in the supermarkets. The price per drink was slashed to $1.90 from the retail price of $2.60 at Cold Storage.









A carton box holds 24 drinks but I got my deal for 12 drinks which amounted to $22.80






Chilled one of the coconut drinks after receiving my carton. Sipped it last night and found it to be refreshingly lite and fragnant.

The myth or truth behind this coconut drink that mummies drink at their last trimester is to clear away the sticky stuff found on baby. A more logical reason is that when preggie lady enters her last trimester, the heat generated is too overwhelming. So having a cooling drink helps.

For myself, I am pretty overheated all the time. I took my first coconut drink at week 31 (which happened yesterday). Planning to take one coconut drink per week to cool myself down.



Comments

mamamira said…
I believe in tis! I oso drank every week in 3rd trimester and had a chubby 3.52kg bb!! :))
Les Pommes said…
Wow! that's really a chubby baby! my gynae projected mine to be 2.8kg by full term. did u manage to go by natural delivery or c-sect?
mamamira said…
Natural via vacuum delivery as the epidural also numbed my ability to push really hard enough.
Yes, my bb was considered huge for me as my pre-pregnancy weight was only 43kg! I didn't really eat a lot but I think my doc's supplements (fish oil, iron & calcuim pills) made much contribution :))
And of course, not to forget the coconut drink, my newborn's cheeks were so rosy then!