Manila Getaway

Went to Manila last weekend. It was really a touch and go short trip. Mainly to visit my best buddy, Jazmin and my god-son Lance.


Was a trip of food and more food. Manila has all kinds of food to offer now. In this trip, I tasted their chinese hotpot aka steamboat, the Philippines cuisine, Greek food and Korean food.



Yummy steamboat... who can resist?

Try it with their peanut sauce.
















Next up, something special - Greek Food.

Candied walnut with cheese and iceberg lettuce.

This is really special. They got the cheese melted in this pan with wine. And they served it with the flame and shouted "Oopa" before setting it on your table. Spread the cheese a little on your bread or dip your bread into the wine sauce. Either way, is very nice and I kept asking why the owner doesn't do a franchise in sunny island here?


Roasted lamb with potatoes and below, chicken kebah



Definitely to do in Manila is to try their Philippines cuisine. I tried a new restaurant, C2 at their Shangri-La Excelsior Mall.

Looks unassuming but served authentic Philippines food.

I like the garlic rice and if this pandan-flavoured ice tea is less sweet, i would like it too...

















And definitely you got to try their mango juice

There's another dessert I really like in Manila. They have such nice crepe.

Mine was custom made crepe, with chocolate ice cream, stewed apple and a fistful of almond flakes. I really like it!


But if you prefer a savoury taste, this may be for you. Is a souffle with salted egg. The crust is sweeten and underneath this mushroom head, you can find the salted egg.

Looks very cute and nice....














oh... can you see the salted egg? I have to say this is an acquired taste. Maybe the more you eat, the more you will like it.

My last dish on Moi Gourmet Summit was at a Korean Fine Dining Restaurant. This restaurant won the best restaurant award in Philippines in 2004. It has not looked back ever since then.


The spread fit for a Royalty. The BBQ beef looked abit sparingly on this huge dome shaped hotplate. But well, didn't I mention is fine dining?

Bon Appétit!



Thank you, Jazmin and Loren for hosting me. I enjoyed myself during this short getaway.

Comments