What a Cow!

Cow... the female partner of a bull. While a bull is associated with high driven motives, strength and soaring market. The cow is often associated as a farming tool.

I had a very busy day at work today! It didn't help that I suddenly had this cough that made my voice so scratchy and my throat so sore. Worse, I left my house so much earlier to catch the 1st company's bus to work. Ended up, I had to rush through everything. Because the feeder bus came so late. I had to gobble down my breakfast. One thing I absolutely dislike is to rush through my meal.

Once I reached my workplace, my hands and legs didn't stop working and walking. It was exhausting.

While I was going through the motion, I just felt that I'm just another technical person. Can do lab work and work fast but not a research person who can think and analyze and put pieces of information together. Seriously, I don't think I'm doing myself a favor in this way. I don't see any value in myself that the company will like. My role can be easily replaced, like the farming cow. Replace after the milk is dried.

Ever wonder why some people don't appear in the lab very often yet the bosses hang on to their words. Ever wonder why some people can always go back on the dot and still, get good appraisal.

I am not going to raise my white flag now. In fact, I'm even more determined to clear my GRE. I'm challenging myself that I can do anything if I stay focus and lock in my target. If analytical skill is what I lack, then I will do something about it. Read more literature and replicate it in my own writing.

In another word, I'm not going to be a cow that only know how to give milk.

Comments