Maid Woes


Can you believe it? Days after we celebrated her birthday, she decided to play stunt and demanded we send her home. She didn't even care she still owed us a loan and even smirkily said her mother could pay us back and she was a big boss with 3 companies in her own country.

A few days before her drama, she started telling my mum she wants her handphone back which was at the agency. She even told my mum how she was doing big business in her country and even was a model at one point. Thereafter her drama unfolded 3 Fridays ago.

The front door was wet and I told her to get a rag so the children could step in without the dirtying the floor. She stood there like a statue and after repeated myself 3 times, she slowly moved her butt, sash-sashing down the kitchen. Like a hissy cat suddenly, she threw a big fit and pointed her finger at me, saying that I never liked her!

Oh gosh! She then took her luggage and started packing which really had me lost my cool. I reasoned with her, firstly she was only reprimanded when she did the wrong thing. If I never like her, why would I hire her in the first place. But hey.. drama queen had something up to her sleeves. She packed and demanded to go NOW. Absurd to the max and I reminded her she owed us a loan and even if her mum could pay back, I could only send her away after I got the money.

Saturday came… more drama. She decided to sleep her day away instead of doing the usual chores.


Unbashfully Sleeping Away

She purposely did it so that I would send her away immediately. I told her even she wanted to leave, didn't she need a ticket? Did she have the money to pay for an air ticket? While stalling for time, I started my chain of messages to the agent which responded apologetically and told us to send her to the agency the next day.

So Sunday came and we pretended that nothing happened and got the MIL over to keep an eye on the boys who were napping. I told her to pack and go. Greedily, she took all the clothes we bought for her and wasn't even embarrassed for causing the trouble. She had no inking that she was heading to the agency instead.

At the agency, she got told off by the agent and in the end, her mum couldn't even saved her. What a joke!

For us or rather for me, these recent maids really left a bitter medicine in my mouth. I was quite sure I didn't want another maid for the time being but the agent recommended this transfer maid.

She was a transfer maid, ex-sg and could understand English. She completed her first contract after got sent back to agency because the very first employer couldn't tolerate her not being able to catch up in the English. Thereafter she completed her contract with 2nd employer, doing housework, cooking and looking after a toddler. She came back after 2 years break and her previous job scope was to look after elderly. She couldn't handled so she was returned to agency. We interviewed her on the spot and my husband said just take her and try our luck. In fact he was saying I need to change 3x before I got my lucky help.


skinny new help


New maid is supposedly to be ex-sg but her spoken English is not fantastic. Sometimes I don't get her at all. She is probably just one notch above those inexperienced one but not that experienced as compared to those that worked here before. It was no wonder those employers wanting an experienced helper turned her away.

For me, I just needed someone to clean the house. She has a hp which she is disciplined at current moment. She only uses her hp at night. I mean even if she uses it during the day while no one is home, I won't even know. My bottom-line is straight forward. Clean my house to my expectation and the free time is hers.

She is still pretty new… like only 3 weeks old in my house. I was upfront with her on my expectation and history of my maid employment. She knows I am strict in cleanliness but I don't care if she wants to use double eyelid stickers during day or put on her lotion at night. Just clean my house, that's it.


Comments

Angeline said…
Your previous helper is really very attitude and CMI�� Shake head.... Luckily she is gone from ur house now!
Les Pommes said…
I feel that nowadays those "maids" that come to find work, are more like coming for a paid holiday. They are choosy and have no sense of responsibility. They come and go as they like. This is not just based on this particular maid experience but general feel from those that I had interviewed. >_<