I got a letter!


One day, the husband hurried home after opening the letter box. He was exclaiming: "Wife, you got a strange letter. It's from the PMO."

Oh wow… PMO (Prime Minister's Office), what could it be? For that split 10 seconds, I guessed various possibilities. Was it the maid? But that should be from MOM. Was it the maid's levy? Hey, that should be CPF. Was it work related? How could that be?

Aha… and so I gingerly opened the 120grams envelope to reveal a neatly tri-folded letter that had the header NPTD. What? NDP?? NPTD? National Population and Talent Division .. I gasped!





I held my breath for that one minute as I read the letter and then as all movies' cliff hanger… the ending was super anti-climax.

It was just a letter to inform me that I was selected randomly for a survey. Ya.. I know. Super anti-climax right! Haha… but for that moment, it was quite a suspense. Good to have such a break from the monotonous routine I have.


Comments