Overnight Oats



These days I tend to whip up dishes, cake or even overnight oats on a whim. I didn't have the right tool like the glass jar, the berries or the yummy yogurt. I suddenly remembered that I should be taking oats because it helps in reducing cholesterol. So I decided to google on overnight oats and honestly, I didn't get past the search suggestions. I read the header and sensed that it is probably oats soaked in some type of liquids and throw in whatever toppings you like.

So I makeshift with a square lock & lock box. Throw in some oats from Quakers, mixed with Chia sees. I didn't have milk except those UHT chocolate milk that the boys don't want to drink. So I pour it in.


my 1st overnight oats

Then there's only the pears and the grapes and in there they went. I didn't know what to expect but to let it sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours.


hey… it tasted not bad


This morning, I took it out to thaw for about 2 hours before I consumed it. But hey, the morphology of the overnight oats didn't change. I thought the pears would have been soggy and the grapes would be mashy. The taste? Well, it was not too bad although half way through, I thought I couldn't stomach it anymore. But it was filling.

I guess I would try to be faithful in oats and hopefully it works wonder for my cholesterol and weight!


Comments