Here comes May


2016 seems to be flying. We are in the month of May now. That's fast. This also means Jonathan is approaching P1 in less than 2 years. We haven't hit the major milestone - to be totally diaper free for night. But we had some success in cutting down his milk intake before bedtime, making him go to toilet before he sleeps. We note that his diaper would be dry up to midnight, sometimes 1-2am. It would have been ideal if we wake him up and get him to go toilet. That would push him forward in meeting the milestone target. However, we ain't keen in disrupting his sleep.

We are still firm believers that good health starts with quality sleep.


with his fav MBS


The Rocket award has to go to Matthew. We have seen tremendous improvements in many aspects. For example, he is finally off diaper during day-nap, starts to drink from packet milk, he is definitely more vocal and speaking in long sentences and asking in full question structure. He's clearer with his pronunciation and more well-versed in Chinese than his brother.



getting ready for his excursion


He's at the "First-stage" now… hitting "first" marks during this period.


1st drawing from Matt 


This drawing is not fantastic but this is such a precious memory. He drew us in a cable car ride and coloured us according the superheroes he and his brother assigned to us. Speaking to which writing and learning stuff, Jonathan received a 12 out of 17 words he was tested.


mini revision


Perhaps to his Berries teacher, this score was less than ideal. However, for a not-yet-turn-5 boy who doesn't speak Mandarin, I thought this was incredible. Of course, if he could improve and got a 15 out of 17, that would be even better.


The boys are growing up and I start to "normalise". Last month, I made a day trip to JB with my childhood friends and we spent the day doing nothing but beautifying ourselves.


After all the processes

We got hair treatment, be it cut, perm. Doing up our nails and spending the day shopping and relaxing at Starbucks. The trip was so surreal because ever since we are mummies, our time is devoted to the family.


May is also my birthday month. The husband got me a Fitbit.


my early present


For the 1st week I got it, I was practically hooked on this new gadget. Monitoring the steps I had taken, the amount of calories I had burnt and the duration of my active period. As with all new things, the novelty is wearing off and perhaps gadget is still not a girl's best friend.


Maybe baking oneself a chocolate cake would be more satisfying.


after 6 years, the mixer finally saw the daylight


For 6 years, this Philips mixer has been lying at the bottom of the drawer. It was never used until 2 Sundays ago, I thought I would just go ahead and bake a choc cake while the boys were napping.


Jon's choice


Several months ago, Jonathan requested I bake him a chocolate cake and we went to the supermarket. He chose this and I thought this should be simple enough to do.


make-do baking pan

The truth is I  don't have the right tools to bake a cake. I don't have a measuring cup so I estimated the amount of water using my water bottle. I didn't have vegetable oil so I substituted with margarine. It was a pure estimation on the amount of margarine that I used and surprisingly, it tasted okay.



my 1st cake



The shape was rather odd- it resembled a pie rather than a cake. The splitting at the top was due to the uneven heat and the exterior got baked before the inner part.



spongy


Perhaps I could try again and bake myself a cake on my birthday.

Comments