June's a Surprise!


7 years ago, when the hub proposed to me on my birthday, we went to The Line to celebrate the special occasion. This year I was too caught up in my work to enjoy a treat from him during my birthday month. Hence, seizing the opportunity that Matt was starting a new preschool and I had to take leaves to settle him, we went back to The Line today.



7 years ago… 



7 years later… today



Things haven't changed a bit at The Line. They still have the best cold starter selection and a delectable dessert table. I think there is no need to introduce The Line as it is pretty well known for its wide range of food choice. However for a weekday buffet lunch, perhaps this could be the only place that offer oysters. Yes, that's right. The Line offers succulent oysters as part of their buffet lineup even for weekday lunch, alongside with mussels, white shell clams, prawns, crabs and baby lobsters. Hmm.. a special mention on the baby lobsters or crayfish. It was so tiny that it looked more of a newborn. The shell was soft enough to crack open by peeling. When I was eating it, I could't help but feel a little weird and a little disgusted. I couldn't shake off the thought I'm eating a baby and the underneath reminded me of some creepy crawly alien that is going to invade Earth. So yucks! We took one each and never go back for more. >_<



the wide varieties



Woman oh woman… typical of a woman. Who needs the main meals or cooked food? After the sashimi and likes, I skipped straight to their dessert table. Creme Brûlée and Truffle caught my eyes. Yummy to the max especially the truffle.



worth the space




another round



There were just too many choices and I had to make my choice carefully. I picked a macaroon (good pick) which was not too sweet and with a right tinge of bitter chocolate. I went for the Tiramisu which was worth the calories with its authentic mascarpone and coffee soaked cake base. I lapped it up with the shortbread it came with. Heavenly!

Besides cakes, kuehs and the lovely fruits, The Line also offers ice cream, I must add premium ice cream with a wide varieties of toppings. There is also a soft serve yoghurt machine with 3 different flavours for you to choose. I had a try with their Yuzu Raspberry Sorbet which had a rich yuzu taste, much to my delight.


Another plus point with The Line is the different types of beverages they offer. Teh Tarik, different flavours of tea leaves, espresso, latte, flat white and more with special add-on example, mint, caramel etc. All these beverages are already included in the buffet. My only grouse would be I wish they have used TWG instead of Dilmah. There is a difference in the quality of tea leaves and I feel a good cup of TWG Sencha would pair well with the rich food offered.



what a surprise!


What came next was a total surprise! The waiter came by with a cake and I was like "huh? what's that for?" The hub then excitedly said it's for me. My belated birthday celebration… haha it's really an ultra belated birthday surprise which nonetheless I accepted it graciously and appreciated his gesture.




Add caption


The manager came by a while later to take a polaroid photo of us with the cake. He returned again with this card. Nice gesture from The Line!



surprise!


Another incident worth mentioning with regards to their impeccable service. The next table had an elderly couple with a young man whom I presumed was their son. The elderly lady asked for a cutter to snip open the baby lobsters. When she was told there's none to offer, she was rather shocked. The same manager went to the buffet line and picked a few baby lobsters and got the staff to clean out the shells and returned with a plate of the freshly peeled lobsters meat to the table. The elderly lady of course was appreciative with such customer orientated service.


There's no qualm that Shangri-La offers a 5-star hotel stay experience and staff from all levels greeted you with a smile, right down to the toilet janitor. Remarkable!


Comments