Turning 2 @ ToTT & Home


Party or no party? That's the question we debated approaching Matthew's birthday. In the end, I relented to holding one and started to look for suitable venue. Chanced upon ToTT through an online view on best family orientated cafe in Singapore. So I enquired and found the package attractive and the luring part got to be the play area attached to the bistro.

So we went down and took a look at the venue. We liked what we saw and paid deposit to secure the booking. It was a good choice because the adults could eat and relax while the kiddos ran wild in the play area but still under supervision.



Signage



buffet line




reservation card on our allocated section



Although it rained heavily that day and the party started late, yet everyone was in high spirit. Firstly, the food was good. At least, it was to my liking. My photos on the food line didn't turn out well hence the lack of visual appeal. We had the pesto salad which I had 2 rounds, the staple was fried rice with char siew and prawn. A deshelled cereal prawns and chicken nuggets for the kids. Teriyaki chicken portion was more than enough and the usual stir fried vegetables wasn't that ordinary. I remembered that it was tasty and the fried rice went well with it as well as our choice of tofu with braised crabmeat. Free flow of pepsi and water for the guests. No one complained.



main play




spacious play area



Having the play area really made a lot of difference. For once, the kids had something to look forward to and the parents got a break from them.



little surprise for our birthday boy




the main lead




the details


Since we got a fantastic venue, I was contemplating on getting a "Wow" cake and between The Patissier and Celebrate With Cake, I went with the latter. The requirement was simple. I wanted a cake with Doggy theme and I sent the bakers photos of Matt's buddy. The design of CWC caught my eye and for a cake that would served 25-30 pax, the cake cost $360. It was the most extravagant cake that I ever spent on.


However, I must say the details of the cake were immaculate. The kids went wow wow wow and the adults gushed about the intriguing details on the cake.




matt's buddy




that's what i sent



CWC did a fantastic job in getting the dog figurine well and they noted our request that the dog figurine could be removed upon cake cutting.




hey doggy







And did birthday boy love his cake?



posing with his cake






*happy*




Happy Birthday!







Matthew was definitely very happy with his party. He was seen running around happily and enjoying the attention on him. He was seen clapping his hands with the birthday song.



vanilla with choc chip cream


Since I got a 2 tiers cake, I opted for the bottom tier to be chocolate butter cake with salted caramel cream and the top tier was vanilla butter cake with chocolate chip cream. Everyone loved the cake and at the end of the party, there was just a quarter of the vanilla section left.




Thank you everyone!


Matthew immediately conked out in the car on the way home.




blessed angbaos



u mean all these are mine?


He woke up when we got home and looked blurred with all the ang baos and presents. I got many positive feedback on the party and besides the good service from ToTT and CWC's awesome cake, Freesia Birthday Services' crews were wonderful. They helped me set up the balloons deco and made sure all the balloons were tied to my requirement.

(Oops… I realised that I didn't have a good photo of the balloons deco but the simple balloon deco was a hit with the young guests.)


As for his actual birthday, it was a simple home celebration. The plan was to bring Matt to the Zoo but he fell sick on his birthday (birthday curse in my household?!) .



Frozen Cake




His Benz



And so… our Matthew turned 2… and started his Age 2 year battling fever and a nasty cough with endless mucus dripping from his nose. Happy Birthday Matthew and be healthy!



*photos of guests had been sent to individuals and non-posting of guests' photos to protect their privacy*

Comments