Tanglin Club (X'mas Lunch, our 3rd)

23 December 2014



Continuing our annual X'mas lunch meet up, it's again at Tanglin Club but we went back to the Churchill room this round.

However, we took our group photos before we started eating for that "fresh" look.



the real pine tree




Oops… I thought I looked kinda "preggie" over here

a better shot


We had set meal which comprised of a soup, an appetiser, main course, desert and coffee/ tea at a price of $70 per person (non-member). My mulled wine was at $8 while egg nog was at $6.



















an even better shot of us



Tanglin Club had renovated their Churchill room for a year or 2 years back. Except for the inclusion of a bar and an Alfresco area, it didn't change much.



my must have - mulled wine



egg nog




Before the food was served, I decided we should take more photos of ourselves in pairs.
























welfie



The food was then served in predicted manner. Started with our appetiser - which had all the 3 Christmas colour,  red, green and gold.

The red cube was actually yuzu flavoured frozen water melon. In this appetiser, I felt this was a refreshing change or taste to add on. The gold roll  was made of salmon and scallop. It didn't look that it would be tasty to me at first glance but the first mouth changed my mind.



appetiser



Soup was with black truffle mushroom and I love this soup. When the server came and put down the bowl of soup, I immediately smell the aroma of the black truffle. Serious… it was that aromatic!


soup



I chose seafood as main course. There was prawn, dove sole fillet, scallop, lobster claw. It looked yummy and everything was good until I came to the fish. Somehow, I felt that the whole fish didn't quite gel in with the rest. It didn't get the infusion of the sauce and it didn't have any taste.




main course



Raelene had gone for the buffet selection and she chose the ratatouille.



vegetarin ratatouille 



Desert was the nut sacher cake instead of Christmas pudding. It was a good choice. The cake wasn't too rich and the sour sop sorbet blended in well with the sweet treat.






We have already made plan for our 2015 and we decided to make another change by going to the Japanese association for New Year's lunch. Aha before the year could even started, I'm looking forward for a new dining experience.



Comments