my 35 month toddler


Just a month shy from his 3rd birthday, Jonathan achieved many milestones in his times.

I'm glad he could be weaned off his pacifier at 29 month old, be toilet trained (for day) at 32 month old, starting to talk and forming sentences at 33 month old. At around the same time, he started to show a keen interest in reading and would want to read a book or two during bedtime.  At 35 month old now, he could sit still with me for a while, good enough to finish 6 pages of his Heguru worksheets and complete 1 row of number writing.



circling his answers




answering which is lesser


One extra bonus point is that he would hold the marker pen and circle the answer himself. Although he still needs to practice holding pen/ pencil and write in a more definite manner (he's writing more in a calligraphy style), I am very happy with his progress.




guiding him to write


We are also doing more writing now, starting with numbers as I found him counting off the numbers and I thought this is more in tune in what he is interested in.


To further help him develop his fine motor skill, I got him a pair of kiddo scissors which he happily practice cutting.



snip snip snip






cut cut cut


He might not be as good as his classmates or peers, but he's already a champion in our eyes!


Comments